- Manufacturer: Warner Bros
- Model #: 883316616963
- Condition: new
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14883316616963
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. But when in World War II-era Cairo, do as the spies do! Into that teeming viper's nest stumbles affable American Homer Smith, a reporter who aims to get the story, get it right and, above all, get it first. Trouble is, some folks are out to get Homer first! Cairo is the movie ' and the place ' for songs, cloak-and-dagger fun and great movie in-jokes. Jeanette MacDonald and Robert Young (as Homer) each suspect the other of being a spy, but then join forces to uncover the real agents. Ethel Waters plays MacDonald's savvy maid who belts out a knockout version of "Buds Won't Bud." And MacDonald, of course, lets her famed bright soprano ring out, while demonstrating what a fine comedienne she is. Perhaps because of war-torn times, this 1942 film was little noticed during its release. But now its cover is blown. This spy-movie spoof is a joy to discover, a "Road Movie"-like comedy where all roads lead to Cairo.
- Actors: Jeanette Macdonald, Robert Young, Ethel Waters, Reginald Owen, Grant Mitchell, Lionel Atwill, Edward Ciannelli
- Genre: Romantic Comedy, Comedy, Action, Suspense
- Run Time: 101:00 Final Format: DVD - NTSC Year: 1942
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4 X 3 FULL FRAME, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.37:1 Audio: MONO - English
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.