- Manufacturer: Warner Bros
- Model #: 883316256633
- Condition: New
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14883316256633
Early in this brisk dramedy, a jaded newsman laments that some reporters furnish the manure while some grow the flowers. Editor Joe Randall's newspaper is suddenly in the manure biz. To increase readership and revenues, he's pressured against his principles to come up with a sensationalist tale or two. So Randall revisits a love-nest murder of years past. Circulation soars. But living people ' real people ' involved in the story are suddenly victimized. Randall could never imagine the tragedy to follow. As Randall, Edward G. Robinson finds a role to match his authoritative talents in this hot-off-the-presses Best Picture Academy Award nominee* directed for hard-hitting effect by Mervyn LeRoy. Boris Karloff, just weeks away from the release of Frankenstein, plays Randall's shady lead reporter.
- Actors: Edward G. Robinson, H.B. Warner, Marian Marsh, Anthony Bushell, George E. Stone
- Genre: Crime, Drama
- Run Time: 89:00 Final Format: DVD - NTSC Year: 1931
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4 X 3 FULL FRAME, Original Aspect Ratio - 1.33 Audio: Mono 1.0 - English
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.