- Manufacturer: Warner Bros
- Model #: 883316262870
- Condition: new
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14883316262870
Bulldog-faced, bullmoose-framed Marie Dressler would never win a beauty contest, but her powerful turn as a blowzy sot in Anna Christie opposite Greta Garbo won her a legion of devoted fans. In The Girl Said No, her next film, she again hit the bottle. But this time she played a grouchy grande dame unused to the Demon Rum in a laugh-'til-you-gasp scene that made her reputation as one of the Early Talkie Era's great comediennes. The story follows a brash young man (William Haines) out to make his fortune. His means: sell a passel of 7% bonds. His mark: wealthy Hettie Brown (Dressler). His method: ply the old biddy with booze until she signs on the dotted line. The result: a fall-down-funny (literally) comedy sequence.
- Actors: William Haines, Leila Hyams, Polly Moran, Marie Dressler
- Genre: Comedy
- Run Time: 90:00 Final Format: DVD - NTSC Year: 1930
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4 X 3 FULL FRAME, Original Aspect Ratio - 1.33 Audio: Mono 1.0 - English
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.