- Manufacturer: Warner Bros
- Model #: 883316587225
- Condition: New
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14883316587225
In Java during the darkest days of World War II, an American pilot takes off in his squads only air-worthy plane. His mission: drop the 500-pound bomb strapped to his planes fuselage on a Japanese aircraft carrier. As he wings toward certain death, the airmen left behind share their comrades life story - a stirring tale of love, ambition, political corruption and personal redemption. Part of Hollywoods war effort, this memorable programmer captures Americas can-do spirit during the fight against worldwide fascism. Franchot Tone starts as the heroic pilot, and Gene Kelly makes his dramatic debut as one of the men left behind, a brash hothead who knew the doomed pilot best. Van Johnson, Kellys pal since they worked together in Broadways Pal Joey, has a featured role. The crisp, muscular direction is compliments of George Sidney, who would go on to direct Kelly in Thousands Cheer, Anchors Aweigh and The Three Musketeers.
- Actors: Franchot Tone, Marsha Hunt, Gene Kelly, Van Johnson, Alan Baxter, Dick Simmons
- Genre: War, Romance
- Run Time: 71:00 Final Format: DVD - NTSC Year: 1943
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4 X 3 FULL FRAME, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.37:1 Audio: MONO - English
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.