- Manufacturer: Warner Bros
- Model #: 883316648247
- Condition: new
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14883316648247
Fondly remembered for the series of film operettas in which she starred opposite Nelson Eddy, Jeanette MacDonald gives her farewell film performance in this tender and touching tale that features everyone's favorite film canine, Lassie. Director Richard Thorpe (The Great Caruso) and screenwriters William Ludwig and Margaret Fitts tell the story ' based on Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, author of The Yearling ' of a widowed concert singer who seeks solace in the mountain country to forget the tragic loss of her teenage son. Embittered, she blames Lassie, her son's pet, for the fatal accident. But the love of the collie by a local orphan boy played by Claude Jarman, Jr., whose memorable performance in The Yearling won him a special Academy Award(R), melts her hardened heart and rekindles her desire for life. Stunningly photographed in northern California's Santa Cruz mountains, the film features five songs by Miss MacDonald, plus some truly delightful comic byplay from Percy "Pa Kettle" Kibride and Margaret Hamilton as a mountaineer woman.
- Actors: Jeanette Macdonald, Lloyd Nolan, Claude Jarman, Jr., Lassie, Lewis Stone, Percy Kilbride
- Genre: Childrens, Drama
- Run Time: 93:00 Final Format: DVD - NTSC Year: 1949
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4 X 3 FULL FRAME, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.37:1 Audio: MONO - English
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.