- Manufacturer: American Pop Classics
- Model #: 874757024998
- Condition: new
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14874757024998
A popular small-town singer dubbed "The Bronze Venus" gets offered a shot at the big time in New York City, but it will mean leaving behind the loyal promoter who helped her make it this far. This remarkable film, one of the many so-called "race movies" made in the 1930s and '40s for the all-black theaters in existence at the time, also marks the screen debut of a 20 year-old Lena Horne, and co-stars Ralph Cooper, longtime host of "Amateur Night At The Apollo".In the film debut of Lena Horne, Duke is a stage show promoter in love with the a successful performer. When he realizes that promoters want her to go to big leagues and she refuses to leave, he devises a deception so that she can better her career.
- Actors: Ralph Cooper; Lena Horne; Laurence Criner
- Genre: Music/Musical
- Run Time: 75 mins Final Format: Year: 1938
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4x3 Audio:
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.