- Manufacturer: American Pop Classics
- Model #: 874757025094
- Condition: new
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14874757025094
Eugene O'Neill's controversial play about the rise and fall of Brutus Jones, an upwardly-mobile African-American whose life careens from railroad porter to convict to a corrupt island ruler in Haiti, made for an even more daring film adaptation in 1933. Actor Paul Robeson (who also played Jones on stage) delivers a career performance that features several musical numbers and climaxes with a 25-minute monologue delivered as his life unravels before him. In 1999, the film was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry after the Library of Congress deemed it "culturally significant" for its portrayal of black characters.
- Actors: Paul Robeson; Dudley Digges; Frank H. Wilson
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 73 mins Final Format: Year: 1933
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 4x3 Audio:
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.