- Manufacturer: Warner Bros
- Model #: 883316841891
- Condition: New
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Warranty
- DealYard SKU: XP14883316841891
Bill Meechum (Robert Duvall) is one of nature's hard cases, an ace marine fighter pilot so adept at his lethal trade that they call him The Great Santini. But now it's peacetime 1962. And more at home playing "top gun" in the cockpit than playing father in his own living room, he's become that most useless of all figures: a warrior without a war. Based on Pat Conroy's best-selling autobiographical novel, The Great Santini's battleground is the family home, with Meechum's objective to mold his oldest son in his own rigid image. Robert Duvall's impressive career is studded with remarkable screen characterizations but none cuts deeper to the bone than his portrayal of the mercurial Meechum, described by Time's Richard Corliss as "a one-man nuclear-family holocaust ' who can do everything except express what he feels for the people he loves." It garnered Duvall a 1980 Oscar(R) nomination for Best Actor.
- Actors: Paul Gleason, Michael O'Keefe, David Keith, Blythe Danner, Lisa Jane Persky, Robert Duvall, Stan Shaw
- Genre: Drama
- Run Time: 116:00 Final Format: DVD-NTSC Year: 1979
- This Disc is formatted for all Regions and has CSS Copyright Protection (will not play in some laptops)
- Aspect Ratio: 16 X 9 FULL FRAME, ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.85:1 Audio: DOLBY DIGITAL - English, MONO - English
DealYard normally ships items within 1-2 business days from the day that payment is received. A tracking number or delivery confirmation number will be emailed to the buyer as soon as the item is shipped. The expected delivery time for packages differs depending on the location. In most cases packages will be delivered within 3-7 days of shipment.